Southampton Schools and Colleges (Headteachers Panel) is a Steering Partner of the Southampton Music Hub.
Primary Schools offer:
- First Access (whole class instrumental tuition), locally known as In2Music for children in Key Stage 2;
- progression routes for continuation in learning to play a musical instrument;
- regular singing opportunities.
Secondary Schools offer:
- access to specialist classroom music tuition at KS3 and beyond;
- music making for all cultures and groups represented in our diverse city;
- special music and arts projects .
Special Schools offer:
- an enriching and inclusive music education across all Key Stages;
- additional capacity to deliver focused and effective professional development opportunities for the portfolio of schools and their relevant contexts;
- support to coordinate and facilitate special music projects across the cluster arrangements of schools.
6th Form Colleges offer:
- support for activities surrounding progression in music;
- access to large scale and high quality musical events.